Scot Campbell - Bio
The following is a biography of Scot Campbell
Business address: 1210 E. Tyler Ave., Harlingen, TX 78550
Scot Campbell was born May 4, 1943, in Harlingen, Texas. He married Caroline Anne Carson in 1963 and they have four daughters and two sons.
Attended school grades 1st through 8 in Raymondville, Texas
Graduated from Judson High School in Scottsdale, Arizona
Attended college at Texas A & I in Kingsville and Pan American University
- Owned and operated the family cattle ranch and farm for fifteen years
- In 1978, obtained a Texas Real Estate Sales agent License and received a Texas Real Estate Broker License
- In 1978, incorporated S. R. Campbell Properties Inc. which is now SR Campbell Properties LLC, which serves as general partner and marketing agent for various partnerships that are engaged in land development and residential subdivisions located in Liberty, Cameron, Willacy, Starr and Hidalgo Counties
- In 1999, incorporated SRC Management Inc., a State registered note servicing company
- In 2009 obtained a loan originator license and started SRC Originators LLC, a loan origination company
- Smart Homes, LTD, a construction company specializing in efficient homes was established in 2016.
- Scot Campbell and son, Kevin Campbell, who is a partner in all the above companies, oversee the development and sale of farms, ranches, residential lots, note servicing, and loan origination companies and home construction
Organizations and committees:
- One of the founding members and past president of Texas Land Developers Association and became politically active working with association such as ART and managing TLDA efforts in Austin
- Past member of the Cameron County Regional Mobility Authority
- One of the founding members of Seller Finance Coalition
- Member of TX 100 which reaches out to both Federal and State Legislators to encourage legislation to protect private investments in development and home finance.
- State task force on Uniform Subdivision Standards
- Served as Chairman of Cameron County Subdivision Ordinance Committee charged with writing Cameron County subdivision rules and ordinance regulations
- Served as Chairman for the City of Harlingen Subdivision Ordinance Committee charged with rewriting the city's subdivision ordinance regulations